Public hearing set for WIS 23 corridor improvements in Fond du Lac and Sheboygan counties
Hearing scheduled for Tuesday, June 19 at UW-Fond du Lac campus
Sheboygan/Fond du Lac - The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region office announces a public hearing has been scheduled for the WIS 23 corridor from US 151 in the city of Fond du Lac to County Road P in the city of Plymouth. The public hearing provides an opportunity to give testimony regarding proposed transportation improvements that affect both near-term and long-term changes to the corridor.
WIS 23 Public Hearing time and location
- The hearing will be held 6 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at the UW-Fond du Lac campus, 400 University Dr., Fond du Lac, WI.
- The hearing will take place in the UW-Fond du Lac University Center Commons and the Prairie Theater.
- Two court reporters will be available to take public or private verbal comments.
WIS 23 Public Hearing schedule
- 6 p.m. – WIS 23 Public Hearing begins.
- Opportunity to review exhibits, talk with project staff, provide private verbal testimony and written testimony.
- 6:30 p.m. – WIS 23 presentation begins in Prairie Theater.
- Review of project purpose and need, corridor alternatives, preferred alternative, property acquisition, schedule and next steps.
- Approx. 7 p.m. – Public verbal testimony begins in Prairie Theater.
- Private testimony and written testimony continues. Opportunity to review exhibits and visit with project staff continues.
- 8 p.m. – WIS 23 Public Hearing ends.
WisDOT is proposing to expand WIS 23 from US 151 in Fond du Lac east to County P in Plymouth to a 4-lane divided highway with various intersection upgrades. Additionally, WisDOT is proposing to designate WIS 23 as an expressway. Designation would preserve future right of way for improvements that could be implemented as needed.
The purpose for the public hearing is to obtain public opinion regarding the project characteristics to be considered along with other agency opinions in decisions made by WisDOT and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) for the WIS 23 corridor. The public is encouraged to attend the hearing, review the exhibits and displays, and provide written or verbal testimony. Options and instructions for providing testimony will be available at the hearing.
Persons who are unable to attend the hearing and have study questions should contact Bryan Lipke, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager, 944 Vanderperren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304; email email@example.com or phone (920) 492-5703. Written testimony will be included in the public hearing record if mailed or emailed to Bryan no later than July 31, 2018. The meeting facility is wheelchair accessible. Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and require an interpreter may request one by contacting Bryan at least three working days prior to the hearing via the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay system (dialing 711).
More information about the WIS 23 study can be found on the project website