Sheboygan County Releases Safe Restart Recommendations
By Ray York, Business Counselor for the Sheboygan County Economic Development Corporation (SCEDC)
Sheboygan County, WI – A key mission of the Sheboygan County Economic Development Corporation (SCEDC) is to provide opportunities to Sheboygan County entrepreneurs and help them make informed business decisions. The SCEDC has been providing guidance to Sheboygan County entrepreneurs during COVID-19.
In response to the Supreme Court ruling on May 13th regarding the revocation of the Safer at Home Order, our strong leadership team in Sheboygan County government has developed guidance called “Sheboygan County Safe Restart Recommendations.”
The Sheboygan County Division of Public Health ‘Safe Restart Recommendations’ include:
- If businesses or organizations choose to open, they should implement the WEDC Guidelines
- Practice good hygiene and social distancing
- Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible
- Strongly consider using cloth face coverings while in public, and particularly when using mass transit
- People who feel sick must stay at home
- Phased-in capacity limits within non-essential businesses
- People over the age of 60, and those who are medically vulnerable, should continue to shelter at home or avoid interacting with others
- Online education and remote work are encouraged
“Our community has done a good job practicing social distancing, implementing best practices and taking precautions to keep people safe and our number of active COVID-19 cases in check,” said County Administrator Adam Payne. “As a result, Sheboygan County will not be issuing an order to direct how businesses and organizations operate.”
The SCEDC encourages business owners to reach out to their lawyers and insurance companies to understand their business’s legal liability during COVID-19. Businesses are encouraged to look at WEDC Reopen Guidelines for best practices; note that these guidelines are advice and not the law. Businesses should continue to plan a weekly working cashflow to make educated decisions regarding the financial repercussions of operating their business during the slow-down and ramp-up periods of operation. For a free webinar offered by the SBDC at UW-Eau Claire called “Planning and Managing Cash Flow,” please follow this link.
Sheboygan County entrepreneurs should carefully review the Sheboygan County Safe Restart plan. This plan is based on federal and state guidance to slow the spread of COVID-19 and bring back our economy by using data-driven information to safely reopen businesses throughout the county. When Sheboygan County works together, we drive more success in our communities!
For more information about SCEDC entrepreneurial services please email at info@SheboyganCountyEDC.com or call (920)452-2479.