South Pier Overview
The 42-acre brownfield site, at the convergence of the Sheboygan River and Lake Michigan, was formerly owned by C. Reiss Coal Company. Since acquisition of the parcel, the City undertook over $12 million in public infrastructure improvements.
Proposals are being accepted for commercial and mixed-use development. Riverfront parcels are available, as well as parcels with spectacular riverfront or lakefront views. Development sites vary in size. Sites are zoned either Pre-Planned Unit Development or Planned Unit Development.
Property attributes includes:
- Waterfront commercial property
- New and restored shantys
- Buried utilites
- Recently dredged river
- TIF, BID and NMTC districts
- Anchored by Blue Harbor Resort and Spa
- Avaiable municipal owned land
- Available 12.6 acre lot with 1,700 ft of lake frontage
- Nearby biking and walking trails
To enquire about the property contact the City of Sheboygan's Planning & Development Department.